I’m sure everyone has been experiencing some slowness with the site recently. We’re aware of the problem and are working on it.
This week I ordered a second DB server which will be online in the first half of May. This will give us extra capacity and should really improve things. We’ll also be able to keep running in case something happens to the main database server or I need to do maintenance on it. (the new DB server is a dual AMD Opteron 246 with 4 GB RAM and 4x73GB SCSI, very similar to the current DB server).
In the meantime I am monitoring the database and looking for ways to squeeze more performance out of it. I’ll keep you updated and post here when I’ve made any improvements.