Crate Diggers was conceived with the desire to bring the record collecting community from all around the world together. Since 2015, the Record Fair & After Party series has traveled far and wide: Cities include Berlin, LA, Montreal, London, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Dallas, and Miami, just to name a few. After the great experiences we have shared with collectors worldwide over the last few years, we are now ready for a new round. Don’t say we didn’t warn you: in 2019, Crate Diggers will bigger and better. But just in case you need an extra push, here are five reasons why you can’t miss Crate Diggers Brighton 2019.
- Crate Diggers Brighton 2019 will be the largest Crate Diggers record fair yet, with the added bonus of an awesome live show with a world-class line-up. It’s as good as it sounds, and it’s happening on May 11 at The Brighton Centre, so it’s the perfect way to start off the summer!
- And speaking about the line-up… We are happy to announce we have added Jurassic 5 presents: The Fullee Love Collective. Hip-hop legend Soup/Zaakir (aka Fullee Love) will be performing some of Jurassic 5’s biggest tracks including What’s Golden and Concrete Schoolyard. He’s also bringing his own original soul-funk hip-hop sound with a full live band. Yes, we are drooling over here, too.
- But of course, our line-up is ready to fly even higher: The legendary Sister Sledge will be there as well! And there’s more, we have some of the UK’s best Jungle, Dancehall, and Reggae artists. Prepare your dancing shoes because David Rodigan, General Levy, Zion Train, and Jehst are ready to set the dance floor on fire. Are you ready for one INCREDIBLE night?
- Brighton has a great music scene. You can spend your time getting lost in the city’s small lanes, discovering some of Brighton’s great record stores. Crate Diggers Brighton 2019 takes place in the same week as the Vinyl World Congress, Future Live Expo, Great Escape Festival and Brighton Fringe. So if you aren’t planning on getting the last train home, we’d recommend booking accommodation early.
- Last but certainly not least: Visiting the record fair is free from 10AM until 4PM! There will be over 100 tables of records, a guarantee for hours of digging. During the record fair, there will be DJ sets by DJ Format, Mr Thing, and Nick The Record. Thanks to our friends at Near Mint, plenty of sellers from London are coming to Brighton for this occasion. Apart from that, you will find sellers from all over the UK, bringing together some unique stock you won’t see anywhere else. If those 100 tables full of records sound like thirsty work… Well, you’re lucky, since throughout the day we’ll have some of the best local breweries including Four Pure, Westerham Brewery and Langham Brewery serving the best beers around!
Heading to Brighton on May 11 sounds like a plan, right? We’re looking forward to seeing you there! Should Brighton be too far away for you to attend, don’t worry. Crate Diggers will be heading to New York, Sao Paulo, and Tokyo this year. More details will be released soon.