In the weekend of 17 and 18 November, the biggest record fair in the world will be celebrating its 50th edition! Record Planet Mega Record & CD Fair takes place in Utrecht, The Netherlands. And if you have time to spare with 500 stalls to dig through, please drop by our booth, because we’d love to meet you in person, hear your feedback, and answer any questions about Discogs you might have!
You can find us at booth 259 (next to the booth we were at last year), and can see the complete dealer list here.
Of course there will be performances, exhibitions, autographing sessions and more at the fair.
A list of some of the events and guests lined up for this Record Planet Mega Record & CD Fair:
- Amazing Album Art with Johan Kugelberg (USA) and Jon Savage (UK). An exhibition of 50 extraordinary record covers to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Utrecht Mega Record Fair!
- Joy Division expo with special guest: bass player Peter Hook
- Record Industry will demonstrate the pressing of a vinyl record (with singer-songwriters Tim Knol and Kevn Kinney
- Exhibition of original copies of psychedelic posters designed by Nigel Waymouth.
- Performances and Meet & Greets with Gruppo Sportivo and Bert Heerink (Vandenberg)
- Omega Auctions (UK) auctions special and rare vinyl records on Saturday.
- Pop culture historian Peter Sijnke launches his latest book on Frank Zappa on Saturday with the collaboration of Vincent Bijlo, Peter Bolderman and Reina Heidema.
- On Sunday, a free Pop quiz will be hosted by the Three Imaginary Boys. Prizes include concert tickets and merch.
The entrance ticket also provides access to the International Collectors Fair with 2,000 dealers of vintage, retro and antique collectibles and memorabilia. So if you bring along people who are not into record collecting, they’ll be able to entertain themselves while you go crate digging ;)
Record Planet Mega Record & CD Fair Saturday, November 17 from 9AM to 5PM, Sunday, November 18 from 10AM to 5PM
Find your tickets for the fair and more information on www.recordplanet.nl.
Photos courtesy of www.recordplanet.nl