There’s nothing quite like the excitement of waiting for your Discogs order to arrive, but too long a wait can turn anticipation into anxiety. Nervous glances between the mailbox and calendar probably aren’t going to expedite the arrival of your records, CDs, or tapes, but hopefully the following tips will!
What can you do if your Discogs order hasn’t arrived within the expected timeframe?
- Let the seller know you haven’t received your item. You can contact them via the order page [Marketplace > Purchases > Order #]
- Contact your local post service to see if they can locate your order or if they know anything about the status of its delivery
If raising flags with the seller and post office doesn’t bring about much luck in finding your precious cargo, the seller should offer resolution in the form of either:
- A partial refund that’s agreed on by both you and the seller
- Resending the item
- A full refund
If you’re having trouble getting the seller to help you out, there are a few different courses of action you can take:
- Contact PayPal or your payment service to claim a refund. Unfortunately we are unable to intervene with payments or claim on your behalf as Discogs does not handle transactions between buyers and sellers.
- If the seller is no longer communicating, go back to that order page and click ‘Seller Not Responding?” link under the message box. The seller will receive an automated message from us prompting them to respond. If the seller doesn’t respond to you their account will be suspended until the issue is resolved.
- Contact us! Create a support ticket and we can help investigate the issue further and take action where appropriate.
Hang in there! Waiting an age for your item to arrive can be a frustrating process, but these stories usually have a happy ending.