Since the first Independent Label Market was organised in May 2011 in London, UK, the event has become widely renowned for offering a platform for independent labels and the artists signed to those labels. Last year, the markets took place in London, Barcelona, Bari and Paris. This year, Independent Label Market Brussels is bringing the event to Belgium for the first time.
On the weekend of April 7th-8th, Brussels celebrates independent music with an exciting selection of some forty Belgian and European labels that will present their artists and records to the public. Head to this free event, open to all, at Wiels Contemporary Art Centre to meet the people behind the labels. These heroes might not wear capes, but they do put all of their energy into supporting and promoting independent music, which is even better.
What to expect at Independent Label Market Brussels:
- Get your hands on indie releases in a wide variety of musical styles at the record fair.
- ILM ACADEMY: a program set up specifically for micro-labels and emerging labels.
- A conference highlighting the women participating in ILM Brussels: Dalia Leiva Egnem, founder of Pirotecnia (London), Nuria Castañer of Underground Legend Records (Spain), Vanja Todorovic, founder of Discom (Belgrade) and Célia Dame of the Belgian label Sick Fuzz Records. For this conference, ILM teamed up with She Said So, a global network of women with active roles in the music industry.
- High quality listening stations and a sound system offered by Audio Technica & Analogue Foundation.
- Nadah El Shazly will sign the special reissue of her album Ahwar, released on Nawa Recordings.
- Yan Wagner will sign his latest album This Never Happened, released on Her Majesty’s Ship.
- Bar, food and DJ sets all weekend.
- Loads more!
Check out the Facebook event page for more information!
Interested in joining the passionate community of music lovers at Discogs? Sign up for an account to track your Collection, start a Wantlist, and shop for thousands of music releases in the Marketplace!