As of today, there will be some changes to our Sales & Transaction Policy regarding third-party distributors and shippers. As Discogs grows, the complexity of our Marketplace grows as well. These new rules will help us to guarantee the accuracy of the listings and avoid disappointment from the buyers.
Before we run you through these new rules, we wanted to thank the Discogs community for all your feedback. It’s been really helpful while creating these new regulations.
With that being said, these are the changes that will apply to all the sellers on Discogs from now on:
If you are using Discogs to facilitate shipping on behalf of another seller, and if you are listing the item(s) for sale on your account, you must:
- Ensure that the seller is not listing the same items for sale on their account;
- Have all items listed for sale available for immediate purchase and part of a confirmed inventory;
- Be the seller of record for the transaction;
- Be responsible for all returns, refunds and customer communication;
- All purchased items must be shipped via the seller who lists the item for sale. Having a different retailer ship directly to customers is not allowed.
These changes are immediate and firm. We hope these new rules can facilitate a better experience for the whole community in our Marketplace. If you have any questions, make sure to let us know in the comments.