Only 2 weeks to go to the 46th edition of the Record Planet Mega Record And CD Fair in Utrecht, The Netherlands! Of course Discogs will be there and we’re looking forward to meeting record sellers and buyers from all over the world. Around 30,000 visitors are expected to head to the fair in the Jaarbeurs Utrecht on the 12th and 13th of November. If you’re one of them, here is what you can expect:
Around 500 record dealers from The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Australia, El Salvador, Serbia, Sweden, Belgium, Italy, Czech Republic, France, United Kingdom, Luxembourg, Brazil, Greece, Mexico, Hungary, Austria, Denmark, Russian Federation, South Africa, Poland, United States, Finland, Portugal, Croatia, Japan, Bolivia, Turkey and Venezuela will bring their stock, covering all styles of music.
Apart from thousands of records, you will find book launches, guest performances, autograph sessions, a pop quiz, an auction and more. A small selection:
- Special guest Clinton Heylin will autograph his latest book ‘JUDAS!: From Forest Hills to the Free Trade Hall: A Historical View of Dylan’s Big Boo’. Heylin also wrote the liner notes for Dylans new 36 CD Box – ‘Bob Dylan: The 1966 Live Recordings’. Furthermore he will autograph his recently published book ‘Anarchy in the Year Zero’ in which he describes the birth of Punk rock in the UK in the year 1976.
- Record launches and performances by hard-rock band Helloïse, rockabilly duo ‘The Sensational Second Cousins’ and Australian blues-folk duo Kenna and Cox.
- Prince tribute and exhibition curated by knowledgeable Dutch collectors Arno Konings and Roald Bakker
- Auction of 85 music related items by Omega Auctions (UK) on Saturday.
- Meet and greet with many musicians from the first wave of Dutch punk bands, like Ivy Green and Panic, at the launch of the ‘I Don’t Care Part 2′ Dutch punk compilation.
- DJ sets.
- Live radio broadcast by Radio Veronica.
You can find the full program and timetable here. The Record Planet Mega Record And CD Fair is part of the even larger International Collectors Fair, but the record fair alone covers an overwhelming 12.500 m2. It might be an idea to plan your visit by checking the dealers list and selecting a few you definitely wouldn’t want to miss!
If you can spare the time, come see us at our booth on location 256B. We’d love to hear your feedback about Discogs and of course we’ll be handing out some Discogs swag as well! More information about tickets, opening hours and the full program are available on the Record Planet website. See you there!