Join us next weekend, 11-12 November, at the Record Planet Mega Record & CD Fair in Utrecht, The Netherlands! We’re looking forward to meeting you and hearing about your experiences with buying and selling records on Discogs and any ideas you have for the future of Discogs! If you have time that is; with around 500 dealers in a space the size of 2.5 (!) soccer pitches, there’ll be plenty of digging to do.
You can find us at booth 256B. See the complete dealer list here.
Apart from crates and crates of records, expect to find performances, exhibitions, autographing sessions and more at the fair.
Here are few of the events and guests lined up for Record Planet Mega Record & CD Fair:
- Exhibition of rare Elvis records and memorabilia from the personal collection of Elvis Expert Johan van Wezel
- A vinyl cover expo called “The Female Heroes of Elvis”curated by DJ Miss Twist
- On November 13th 2017 it’s exactly 50 years ago that Syd Barrett played his one and only gig in The Netherlands. Charles Beterams will launch his book ‘Pink Floyd in Holland‘ with live performance by The Use Of Ashes
- Book launch “Pop Pioneers” by Tom Steenbergen, about the first people who started pop festivals and venues in The Netherlands
- The Fallouts will celebrate the reissue of their only EP, 50 years after recording
- 40 years after the birth of “Never Mind the Bollocks“, punk formation The Stiff from The Hague will perform live and acoustic
- Centertainment will launch a new 11CD box featuring Dutch band Normaal with some very special guests.
- On Saturday, Omega Auctions (UK) will auction over 100 rare vinyl records live from the fair
- On Sunday, a free Pop quiz will be hosted by the Three Imaginary Boys. Prizes include concert tickets and merch
The entrance ticket also provides access to an International Collector’s Fair with 2,000 dealers of vintage, retro and antique collectibles and memorabilia. So if you bring along people who are not into record collecting, they’ll be able to entertain themselves while you go crate digging ;)
Festival Le Guess Who? will also take place in Utrecht in the same weekend, so you’ll get the best of both worlds!
Find your tickets for the fair and more information on www.recordplanet.nl.
Photos by Marion Buis, courtesy of www.recordplanet.nl