Help Us Get To 150,000 New Submissions This September
September at Discogs means SPIN, the September Pledge INitiative: our annual drive to fill Discogs with Releases not yet in the Database.
SPIN Goal #1
- 150.000 new Releases in the month of September
SPIN Goal #2
- Latin America
SPIN Goal #3
- Shellac Records
- Cassette Tapes
- 8-Track Tapes
On June 27 this year Discogs hit a historic milestone: 10 million Releases in the Database. With that many Releases we know the Database is complete and comprehensive in some areas, but also far from finished in others. For a full breakdown of how we arrived at these goals see this analysis of the Database and this conversation with the Database Community
How To Preserve History With Discogs
- All Leaderboards will be calculated weekly on Mondays starting September 1st
- If you submit a Release that is both from a ‘New Region’ and an ‘Old Format’ e.g. submitting a Japanese Shellac, you will earn 3 points on the Overall Leaderboard, 3 on the Non-Digital Leaderboard, 3 on the Asian Leaderboard and 3 on the Shellac Leaderboard.
- Anyone spotted web-subbing will be removed from all leaderboards immediately. If you spot a web-subber please submit a support ticket with evidence.
- Check out this resource on Where To Find Unarchived Releases for a head start. Start stocking up!
- Why Contribute to Discogs? Because Public Archives Matter.
- If you’re new to contributing make sure to read this Overview Of How Discogs Is Built and the Quick Start Guide For New Contributors
- Tips For Making The Submission Process Faster
- How To Find Submission Information On A Vinyl Or Shellac Record
- How To Find Submission Information On A CD
- How To Find Submission Information On A Cassette