Help Us Get To 150,000 New Submissions This September
September at Discogs means SPIN, the September Pledge INitiative: our annual drive to fill Discogs with Releases not yet in the Database.
SPIN Goal #1
- 150.000 new Releases in the month of September
SPIN Goal #2
- Latin America
SPIN Goal #3
- Shellac Records
- Cassette Tapes
- 8-Track Tapes
On June 27 this year Discogs hit a historic milestone: 10 million Releases in the Database. With that many Releases we know the Database is complete and comprehensive in some areas, but also far from finished in others. For a full breakdown of how we arrived at these goals see this analysis of the Database and this conversation with the Database Community
How To Preserve History With Discogs
- All Leaderboards will be calculated weekly on Mondays starting September 1st
- If you submit a Release that is both from a ‘New Region’ and an ‘Old Format’ e.g. submitting a Japanese Shellac, you will earn 3 points on the Overall Leaderboard, 3 on the Non-Digital Leaderboard, 3 on the Asian Leaderboard and 3 on the Shellac Leaderboard.
- Anyone spotted web-subbing will be removed from all leaderboards immediately. If you spot a web-subber please submit a support ticket with evidence.
- Check out this resource on Where To Find Unarchived Releases for a head start. Start stocking up!
- Why Contribute to Discogs? Because Public Archives Matter.
- If you’re new to contributing make sure to read this Overview Of How Discogs Is Built and the Quick Start Guide For New Contributors
- Tips For Making The Submission Process Faster
- How To Find Submission Information On A Vinyl Or Shellac Record
- How To Find Submission Information On A CD
- How To Find Submission Information On A Cassette
Other SPINs In The Discogs Family
Want to take part in SPIN but can’t get your hands on any music releases not already in the Discogs Database? Don’t worry, there’s still plenty to do. Did you know we’re also building Databases for books, films, music gear, posters, comics and record stores? These growing Databases aren’t yet as complete as Discogs, and your submissions can make a real difference.
- Add your books to the Bookogs Database, and keep up with the latest stats here.
- Add your film collection of DVDs, Blu-ray, VHS, LaserDisc or other film releases on Filmogs. Watch the numbers grow here.
- Add your music gear, including turntables, speakers, effects pedals, and plenty more to Gearogs. Track the leaderboard here.
- Add your gig posters, album promo and band posters to Posterogs. Keep an eye on the goal here.
- Add your comics, graphic novels, manga and more to Comicogs. See who’s saving the day on Comicogs submissions here.
- Add your favorite record stores, near and far to the VinylHub Database. Follow the leaders here.